Thursday, May 04, 2023

A Blog Note

I wanted to point out a change I made to Ye Olde Blogge here, which is that I figured out how to enable replies to comments, so that I (or anyone, of course) could reply directly to the comments y'all leave. I've noticed this on other people's blogs and thought that was a good way to do it, and lo and behold, I managed to figure out how to change it! (While I was on the couch with the iPad last night, pinned down by the cat, even.) So now you know.

Did I say pinned down by the cat? Maggie really wanted a lap last night, when Mom and I came in from dinner. I had a Zoom call coming up, so I didn't want to settle down with her and then have to make her get up. She followed me to the desk, where I usually do Zooming, and walked over my laptop a few times to get in front of me for attention.

The she settled down ON my laptop, trying to figure out why her plan wasn't working.

And then she decided that just because she never gets on my lap at the desk, because there isn't enough space and the lap angle is wrong due to the chair's height, well, why not try it anyway.


She requested head scritches, shed madly all over everything, and got down a few minutes later because that is just not a good enough lap setup.

Don't feel too bad for her, though: she got a solid 90 minutes on the couch-lap afterward, before I finally pulled the plug to go to bed.



"This is how the lap is supposed to be."

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful cat. She's just making sure you don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you and so does she! No fear of that happening.

      Delete
  2. Maggie is definitely in charge and you're just living in her world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, comment replies are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The person exists for the pleasure of the cat, clearly.

    ReplyDelete