Thursday, March 02, 2023

Well! The Bruins! The BRUINS!

The Bruins have been having a historically good season this year, and it has been very fun to watch. That "historically good" isn't just my opinion, by the way, per this piece in The Athletic this morning:

That "win games they shouldn't win" was exemplified perfectly on Tuesday, when they were outshot by a ridiculous 57-19 and won in overtime. Wild times!

Their record right now is 47-8-5 (or .825), which is good for 99 points, on pace for a league-record season. The team in second has 86 points (or .729): that's a really big jump in hockey!

And today they finally, finally signed star of the present AND the future, David Pastrnak, to a contract extension. I've just been waiting for that since last summer! He's so important to this team, and I was really getting worried the Bruins were going to screw it up.

Look, their odds are good, but I am not here saying they're going to win the Stanley Cup this year. What I am saying is that the last time they were this much fun to watch, they did. They're on a roll, and I'm enjoying the ride.

1 comment: