Friday, March 10, 2023

Finished Knitting!

Last month, I did what knitters often do when a friend has a crisis, and started knitting for her.

Yarn: Purple Lamb Sparkly Merino, in the colorway Beautiful Universe; it's fingering yarn, so I held it doubled.

I had the worst time photographing this yarn to catch the sparkles! The camera just wouldn't do it. You can see it better on her site, naturally.

Pattern: The Sophie Scarf. There are currently more than 7,000 projects for this in Ravelry; it's a simple, classic piece that has caught on in a big way.
To keep the two yarn balls from tangling, I put one in a wee little bag within the project bag, which worked like a charm.
I do like the look of the tidy I-cord edging.

Here it is before its bath. Those foam squares are 2 feet wide each.
Spread out wet, I had to curve it a little to fit.
I didn't pin it, just laid it out to dry smoothly.


I made the larger size, so it wraps around the neck twice; if you tuck the ends under, it looks like a cowl. This took about 104 grams of the roughly* 129-gram skein of fingering yarn.
*I weighed the yarn before starting on my old scale, which died before I finished. So there's a chance the old and new scales aren't completely in synch, but good enough for a ballpark.

It took 10 days, I'm happy with how it turned out, and my friend liked it, so I call that a total win.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's gorgeous.

    Best wishes to your friend and I'm glad she got such a pretty hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so much!! It was such a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete