Thursday, March 09, 2023

Don't Change (My) Time

On Sunday, it's time for the semi-annual exercise in ridiculousness that is daylight saving time. I hate it when the time changes, both ways, but I always have more trouble adjusting to the springing forward, which messes with my sleep intolerably. I so, so wish the government would just pick a time and leave it. 

Even those who claim to be for it seem to fall into arguments about which time to choose, and dudes? I don't care. You can't please everyone. Just pick one. Tell me it's midnight when the sun is out, I don't care. Please stop yanking me around every year.




4 comments:

  1. I am 100% with you on this. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. It is the stupidest construct, it no longer makes sense in any capacity, and just pick a damn time and let that be the end of it. Why. Why WHYYYYYY can we do so much these days and yet we are all collectively tasered by this stupid stupid STUPID IDEA.
    *screams into the void*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hate it, thanks. It was never FUN, but I don't remember hating it so viciously until I had a kid. Kids CANNOT ADJUST. It is impossible! And I also feel like, the older I get, the more difficult it is for me to deal with it. I am messed up for WEEKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! No more changing the clocks! It's too hard and confusing and some places do it and some places don't and I just need to know when to feed my cat. Is that too much to ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's that one Senator who brings up his bill every year and maybe this year it'll pass.

    And then of course there's Indiana: the eastern third of the state goes with east coast time, the western third with Chicago, and the middle chooses not to change at all. So I guess the rest of us have to deal with at least less weirdness than that.

    ReplyDelete