Sunday, March 05, 2023

Today's Exercise: Yarn Sorting

Since so much of the yarn from my recent windfall was fingering weight (aka sock weight), that segment of my stash was overdue to be sorted through again. The color grouping had slipped quite a bit! So this afternoon, I pulled it all out, re-sorted it, and put it back in order. And if you think that wasn't a workout! I broke a sweat in the air conditioning, and had to take a popsicle break partway through.

Here it is Before. The Ikea squares:

And the bookcases:
The working space:
Here is one Ikea-square's worth of yarn spread out:
And here's the color wheel in progress.
With some yarn still in the spaces behind.
And now After. One square of rainbows:
One of reds-to-pinks-to-purples:
From the blues to the greens, with the bottom shelf for a few planned projects or tinked projects.
The four squares, clockwise from top right: rainbow, red/pink/purple, gold/yellow/orange/brown/black/white, and non-rainbow multis.
I'm tired! My back hurts and my hands are sore. But I'm very pleased with it.

What do you think about how much sock-weight yarn I have? Do you think, "Wow, that's a lot!" or, like one of my knitting friends said, "That looks like a great start!"

3 comments:

  1. Oooh nice job on the organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at that last line! Love the rainbowing of the skeins--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of yarn! I hope you have lots of projects in mind!

    ReplyDelete