Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Brief Gripes; Parts of Maggie

Last night, I got home after a knitting meetup to find that the cable TV wasn't working, and I wasn't able to get it going, nor to get through to them on the phone (I was on hold for an hour and a quarter before I gave up). We were planning to watch last night's game tonight anyway, as it was an 8:30 start, but it was still very frustrating, especially as last night's game was on NHL Network, so I wasn't sure we'd be able to access it today.

This morning I called in again, and while I was on hold, I tried unplugging different things until I found the one* that, once unplugged and plugged back in, reset what it needed. No thanks to the cable company! They suck so much, but don't they all? Why do they all? Some "service providers" they are.

*So Many Mysterious Black Boxes with Flashing Lights

Anyway, I got it straight (pats myself on the back) in time to record the replay of last night's game, so we should be able to watch that tonight (and then we'll watch tonight's 9PM start tomorrow night; I'll be so glad when they're back in this time zone).

~~~~~

I went to weigh some yarn today and my little scale would not turn on, nor did putting in new batteries make a difference. It died! Why, I've only had it since ... (checks email) 2010, really? Well, I guess that's a good run for it, then. I've ordered a new one; my kind of knitter (or other yarn crafter) will understand, I can't do without one.

~~~~~

This morning, Maggie was really enjoying the lap time.

Which gave me time to focus in on smaller areas. Tucked paws under tail:
Stretch out that foot!
Tail in a triangle?
Toe beans.
Belly floof.
I was glad to have a blanket over my foot, so she was gripping that with her claws, and not my bare skin, as she sometimes does.

My joints* don't love it when she pins me down for long, but the view sure is cute.

*Not to mention my bladder, after an hour or two

3 comments:

  1. I hate hate hate when things like the cable don't work properly, because I have no idea what to do. It's so frustrating! But you figured it out, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also quite impressed with your ability to do your own tech support. I'd just sit there turning the television on and off repeatedly, which obviously would not have fixed the problem.

    Maggie is just so glorious. May we all have the confidence of a well-loved cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your kitty and her cute floofy legs.

    And ugh -- cable/tv stuff is so mysterious and frustrating to me. I'm glad you figured it out!

    ReplyDelete