Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Redeeming a Poor Start to the Day

This morning started with minor annoyances:

  • I was tired when the alarm went off (not that that's unusual).
  • My back twinged in that way that means it barely hurts, but one injudicious stretch could lead to sudden sharp pain. (As it turned out, it was a not-even-large cough that set it off; ow, ow, ow.)
  • I went to get my coffee and found no milk in the fridge. I brought home a gallon Monday night, but my mother hates the idea of it going bad so much (and yet hates to buy a half gallon because the gallon is a better deal) that she routinely freezes it. She had failed to notice that there wasn't any in the fridge, and froze it all. Sigh. I put a little half and half in, not the end of the world, but come on, morning.
  • Then Maggie threw up, and I had to get up and clean that.
  • She got on my lap while I read the paper, as usual, but as soon as we got up she was pestering for more food, and no, too soon, not yet. She was very annoyed.
  • I had a doctor's appointment this morning and was halfway there when I remembered that I hadn't put the medication list printout (which I purposely updated and printed out on Sunday) in my purse, nor had I picked up the books I was going to return to the library as I passed it.

Sigh. Nothing major, just a string of small annoyances. However, the good news, beyond the fact that my annual skin check showed nothing worrying, was in the Informed Delivery email from the USPS, saying that I had a package out for delivery today. From St Martins Press.

Guess what? I won a Goodreads giveaway.

Ahhhhhh! New Martha Wells book! Suddenly a much better day, headache be damned.

2 comments:

  1. Days like that are death by a thousand paper cuts. So frustrating and defeating! Very glad you had a fun surprise waiting for you at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Martha Wells never lets you down!

    ReplyDelete