Monday, September 03, 2018

The Latest in Kittens

I went kitty-visiting yesterday, and then my mother and I went to her friend's house for a Labor Day weekend meal, and I never went onto the computer after we got home, so here we are.

Miss Lollipop was happy to accept some petting and scritching.
 And made air biscuits.
They have a litter of new kittens in one of the big caged areas (they call them romper rooms), so you can go in and play with them. They are very friendly! So much so that when I tried to get a picture of the one coming to check me out, he moved much too fast to be photographed.
Most of the photos are very blurry, as they bounced around going, "Hi! Hi! What do you smell like? What about your shoe? What about your toes? Hi! Hi!"
 I brought one of the dangling toys in with me, and found that all three of them could play with it at once.
Apparently the toy, the string, and the pole were all fascinating.
"Mine!"
They also inspected under my knees, tried to climb my leg (while I was sitting on the floor), checked for tunnels, etc.
Basically, they didn't stop moving. When I got there, another volunteer was just leaving, so I had thought that maybe a second session would wear them out, but nope.
Not stopping!




I finally managed to extricate myself without letting any of them out (that was a challenge), and went to pet one of the other cats. When I looked back at them, it seemed that, perhaps, they were winding down a little.
Though I'm pretty sure that if I had offered to play again, they would have been willing. The energy the little ones have!

Now I'm off to start organizing my packing for a short trip next weekend. The weather as forecast is going to be a bit of a change for me:
Brr!

No comments:

Post a Comment