Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Of New Knitting

As I mentioned, I was starting a new project last night, so I wound up some yarn:
And cast on. I started on a long needle, so long that I couldn't actually join it in the round, whoops, so I changed it to a shorter, but still long, cord. Knit, purl, ribbing, tra la.
Then, after I had knit a few rounds and gotten tired of scootching the stitches around the long cord, I switched to a short cord. And then, after a bit of that, I felt sudden self-doubt that this was, in fact, going to be long enough to go around my body (the pattern is for a top, knit from the waist up). I mean, look at it.
So I joined the medium-long cord onto the short one, so I could spread it out, and then tried it on, and yes, it goes around me.
Mind you, it may still end up not being a size I like, but I am very aware that I am sort of winging this, and I am accepting the risks thereunto appertaining. As one should.

1 comment:

  1. What needle set do you use that you are able to switch out the cables. I need to purchase a new set.

    ReplyDelete