Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Great Time, So Tired

I don't think I have it in me tonight to provide a full recap of the trip, so I will mention the first two things that come to mind. They are summed up in two words: Ow, and Brr.

Of course if I really ever do win the lottery, win big that is, I won't be flying commercial anymore, but today I was thinking that, given how utterly sore I am after flying yesterday (arms, back, hips), in future I may need to hire a sherpa to travel with me and do all my lifting and carrying. Though that wouldn't alleviate all of it, since much of the pain is from being crammed into the tiny seat and barely able to move for several hours.

So. Ow.

But! It was a great trip, despite the physical discomfort. Amusingly (and we have to find it funny), the Boston area had a tremendous heat wave last week, 90+ through Thursday, and today was supposed to be over 80, and yet from Friday to Monday, aka the exact duration of my trip, I don't believe it broke 70. Despite all the layers and closed, non-sandal shoes I brought, I was not overly warm for roughly 72 hours. I was quite glad to get back to warm weather again.

So. Brr.

It really was a great trip! And I have some photos! But, you know, ow. Not tonight. Here, look at the pretty yarn that came while I was away.

Isn't it lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment