Thursday, September 06, 2018

Massachusetts Won't Let Me Go

This week has been a good one for signs that Massachusetts is not ready to let go of me, just because I moved away. Such as:
  • A bill from Verizon for $.00, forwarded from my MA address. Fortunately, it also says DO NOT PAY, since I wouldn't know how to.
  • A political postcard for a senate candidate from MA, and this one sent to me (or current resident) directly in Florida. Where, you know, I can't vote in a Mass election.
  • A letter from the insurance agency through which I had my homeowners insurance on the condo, needing my signature on a form in order to cancel said insurance. Wouldn't you think that that would have been cancelled, I don't know, as part of the sale of the condo and paying off of the mortgage? I certainly would have thought so, especially since the mortgage lender was in charge of paying the insurance, but apparently not.
  • An email from my old bank, Citizens, letting me know that I have a statement available for my savings account, Which I closed two months ago. (I mentioned on Twitter how weird that was, and the next thing I knew, I had a message from them offering to make sure the account is correctly closed, which it is, but okay. The modern world is weird sometimes. I mean, I didn't join Twitter to get my random complaints heard by companies, but it often works out that way, doesn't it? A lot faster and easier than calling would be.)
  • Then there's the frustration that PayPal won't let me remove my Citizens checking account from their system. It says I have transactions pending. I don't, and that account is also closed, but no matter, there it apparently has to stay. (Maybe I should mention this on Twitter?) At least they let me put my new bank account on there, so I can still use PayPal.
I think that's all, but the week isn't quite over. Though, as I fly north tomorrow, I may not be updating you until after I get back. Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment