Saturday, September 01, 2018

Kicking Off September with Yarn

Wow, I just saw that my last post was number 3,200: that's a big number!

I have both knitting and yarn-buying to talk about, so prepare yourself for pictures.

A few weeks ago, I got an email from the farther-away-from-me yarn store, saying that they were having knit-famous-person Keith Leonard coming in for a trunk show. To be honest, I hadn't heard of him, but I looked at his website and in addition to doing classes and thing, he sells some yarns I have heard good things of, so I noted it on the calendar and off I went this morning.

A word about the website, and one yarn brand I hadn't heard of: Who wouldn't be intrigued to read "A Whimsical Yarn Co (CAUTION: PROFANITY)"? Well, of course I had to get some, and not only is the yarn lovely, check out the label:


Ha!

The rest of the yarn I got was profanity-free, and from Three Irish Girls. Four skeins of this lovely, squishy worsted (in a remarkably similar color scheme to the first yarn, eh?).
It's called Springvale Worsted.
And the sample he had with him was, he said, a blanket for his cat, so he has machine-washed and dried it weekly for the last nine months. It looks new; it holds up amazingly well. And isn't it fun how it knits up?
Then there's this skein:
Adorn Luxe, also lovely and soft. Will it be socks? Perhaps. A shawl? Who knows.
It will have to wait its turn either way, as after the current socks, I've already got a skein tagged for next, and as for the shawl under way, it has a way to go!

To sum up:


It went from planning:
To winding:
To casting on.
Starting the fun part.
Bet you can't knit just one!
Pausing to admire it.
And about where it is now.
I already want to make one that's deeper; this is on a 10-inch needle, so you can see it is narrow, and I think the pattern will  be fun to play around with. But first, this one!

1 comment:

  1. I love that! How would you make it deeper - just expand the border?

    ReplyDelete