Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Existential Math; Living Room (Lots of Parentheticals)

Question: Assuming your car starts out like this:
(yes, there is a car under there)
(we got 17 inches of snow here, apparently)

If you shovel for about ten minutes at a time, every hour or two (depending on how your back, arms, and shoulders hold up), how many days will it be before you can get the car out?

This reminds me of a similarly deep philosophical question from my childhood.


(The fact that in my childhood I took things like this for granted explains a lot, don't you think? In hindsight, it's very weird.)

Anyway. I don't truly need to get out of the house before Saturday. Surely I will have made it by then. (I may subject you to in-process pictures tomorrow; we'll see.)

On to the living room!

After I wrote my dispirited little screed last night, I did a little poking around the living room, which was pretty close to being in showing shape, despite my pessimism, and I want to show it off.

This angle is obviously the least ready area, on the surface. I still live here! I use this stuff! And this stuff will get tucked away before the process starts.
This way, all clear.
This way, clear.
Those Rubbermaid totes to the right are ready to go down to the basement. Otherwise, clear, and looking good, if I do say so myself.
So how about that, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Why do I suspect that those Rubbermaid totes are filled with yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! Myself, I lived in a staged home for-frickin-EVER (okay a month or six) and now am still looking for our next forever home. Looking while camping in a friends condo for another two weeks after which she will be home and we will need to vacate.

    You know where you are going. We don't. Yet.

    Sigh.

    You are doing very well. I hope to say that of myself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. That is a lot of hard work but I think it will pay off. So ready for you to leave all that snow!

    ReplyDelete