Friday, March 16, 2018

Accomplishing This and That

Last night after work, I ran out and did four quick local errands, then picked up pizza for dinner. I was gone barely over an hour, but it felt very good to get all those things done. Check, check, check! I have always liked crossing things off lists.

Unfortunately, the Bruins had an off night, but on the bright side, I had no qualms about turning the game off and going to bed early when I realized my eyes were closing on me. Or very few qualms, anyway; they did come back recently from being down 4-1 near the start of the third period to win a game 6-4, which was pretty dramatic. But it turned out that last night was not another one of those, so I didn't miss anything. (They're just slammed with injuries right now.) Or, rather, I missed them getting shut out, though for only the second time this season.

Daylight saving week in the spring generally kicks my butt, but this year it hasn't been as startling, perhaps because I'm just always tired lately, so who cares what the clock says, I go to bed anyway. There's been far less of the "but it's really only 7! I don't want to go to bed at 7!" this year. (Honestly, most days I feel like I could go to bed at 4.)

I've gotten some things done today, too. I had a few small bags of books ready to go, and the woman who came when I was getting rid of all those books last month took them. Then, I have this thing that I've used as a kitchen island:
It's been a useful thing, but it's not in great shape, and it needed to go before show week. So today I emptied it out* (it held my plastic containers, and goodness, did I have a lot I wasn't using! a whole bag of them into the recycling, as well as some, sadly, in the trash [and yes, a few kept]), and since it's kind of heavy for me to move on my own, especially given how my back has been lately, I went onto the town Facebook community group and offered $10 for someone to move it out for me. A very nice woman and her teenage son came this afternoon and took care of it, boom! Ten bucks well spent. Now we'll see if the trash people will take it on Tuesday. Or possibly someone will pick it up before then? Time will tell.
*Yeah, slow work day, which is ideal, of course.

Meanwhile, I will miss its utility a little, but the kitchen feels surprisingly more open without it. And soon will feel yet more so, as I have finally found someone who wants the kitchen table. Have I mentioned that? I am too tired to search back, so let's say I haven't. My kitchen table is large; it seats six, though as it is stuffed into the bay window end of the kitchen, not all seats are accessible. Again, it has worked fine for me, but it doesn't show off the space to its full advantage.

I had already determined that it would not be moving with me, so when the realtor came, I asked her if she thought it would be a good idea to get rid of it before showing, and put a smaller table there instead. She agreed that it would be, and I have been trying ever since to find someone who wants the table--for free! I never thought that would be hard to find! But perhaps working against it is its very size, since it's no piece of cake to get out.

Anyway, I've found a woman who says she will be able to pick it up Sunday night, so let's all cross our fingers that it works out. Not that I think she doesn't want it, just that she's moving that day, and we all know how that can go, right? One of my neighbors has a small table that she can lend me, if I can just get rid of this one. (If this woman falls through, I may just take the legs off and haul it to Savers myself. I think I would be able to move it in pieces, and I am just over it by now.)

I've also made out a plan for a few things to get done tomorrow. Nothing thrilling, but satisfying to get done. Bank, Target, Savers, and the UPS store, which last I am visiting with my swift in hand, to see if they have a tube that it will fit in, to protect it during the move. I am already amused at the image of myself walking in with it. I wonder if anyone will ask me what it is? Possibly they have seen it all.

Then I'm going to a party tomorrow night, and by that time, I expect that I will want to park myself on a seat and talk to whoever will come to me. No standing around! If you come sit by me, I will try not to complain about how much my back hurts, and see if I can talk about anything but moving.

Though I can't promise. Let's see what I can give you, as a reward for getting through this?

How about tulips?


1 comment:

  1. You are totally making progress! Hope the table "exit" worked out. It took three tries for the leasing person to email the new lease to my correct email. (Hope that's the worst of it.)

    ReplyDelete