Friday, March 16, 2012

Hockey, Brief Health Gross-Out, Then Yarn

Sometimes you read something that's so bad, it's truly funny.

The local sportsradio station WEEI has a blog for the Bruins, called the Big Bad Blog after the Bruins' nickname of the 70s (they were referred to as the Big Bad Bruins in those days). After each game, they post about it, summing things up under the headings WHAT WENT RIGHT FOR THE BRUINS and WHAT WENT WRONG FOR THE BRUINS. As you can imagine, these days there's been far more wrong than right, and after last night's game, they got straight to the point, listing several wrongs before getting to the heart of it:

WHAT WENT RIGHT FOR THE BRUINS

The months of November and December.

Exactly! Ow, but funny just the same.

*****
I am so, so congested. And while I know that when these things become (ahem) "productive" that's a good thing, in the "better out than in" sense, it is so amazingly disgusting, I can hardly express. And that's all I'll say about that, except that I was thinking today of fashioning a belt of some sort that would have a box of tissues on one side and a trash bag on the other, so I would have the needed supplies at hand at all times.

*****
I have another yarn-bargain to report. Like last time, it was at Savers, and can I say that I've never before found good yarn at Savers? When I've looked, there's either been nothing, or nothing but basic crap. But I found alpaca last time, and this time? Well.

Four pretty skeins. This picture is a little lighter than they look in person, but it's a very nice blue, and you know how I am about blue.


They were individually bagged, and at $2.99 each, not the super-deal that I got last time, two skeins for only 99¢. But I saw this label peeking out:
Noro, if you're not aware, is a Japanese company renowned for their wonderful colors. I haven't worked with Noro before, since I find their wools very scratchy. In this case, though, I saw from the other side of the label that this type, a discontinued line called Cash Irona, might be different.
Can you read that? It's 30% wool, 10% nylon, 40% silk, and 20% cashmere.

Whoa.

This photo is probably the best for color. I just wish you could touch it. Not scratchy in the least.

So, what shall I do with 400 yards of aran-weight yarn? That's just shy of bulky. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh you found Noro, lucky girl with the cashmere sniffer. : )

    Hope you continue getting better quickly. In fact I hope you wake up tomorrow the picture of good health.

    ReplyDelete