Thursday, March 01, 2012

Sharing

Thanks to Kristin Cashore for sharing this amazing video of the view from the international space station:



My first thought was that the lights look like lava, glowing in the dark, but then I was blown away by the flashes of lightning. Unreal.

Two recent quotes from The Happiness Project struck me. One:
"To find out what one is fitted to do and to secure an opportunity to do it is key to happiness."
John Dewey
That is what I am looking for, that opportunity. It took me long enough to figure out the first part!

Two:
"There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do. Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one."
Jerome K. Jerome
Well, I haven't been unemployed long enough for this to be a problem. It's true that now that I have more time, or fewer limits on my time, I don't get around to tasks as quickly. Thing is, that hasn't caused any problems yet. The laundry will get done eventually, after all. There's no rush.

Today was far better than yesterday. The head hasn't been worse than 1 or 2 (on a scale of 0-10), and I've been knitting, something that was beyond me yesterday. I didn't go out, but that was due to the weather externally, not my head. Most of today was rainy-snow, now it's snowy-snow, but not much accumulation to this point. I'd like to get out tomorrow, but nothing can't wait if it's messy.

Meanwhile, the Bruins just played an outstanding first period, and I must rejoin them for the second. Go, Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment