Saturday, March 31, 2012

How I Am Tonight

As is often the case, when I don't feel well, Carlos is there to lend me comfort and aid. When I had cramps yesterday, he sat right on my lap, instead of next to me as he more usually does. Furry hot-water-bottle replacement.
He stretched out sideways so that he had to prop his paws up, but he didn't seem to mind. What a good boy.

Mind you, when I get a headache, I can't get him to drape himself over the back of my neck, but perhaps that will come in time. Yes, I got another migraine starting yesterday afternoon, damn the hormones. It had actually been a few weeks without a bad one, but this was bad enough that I had to ditch my plans for last night (which weren't exciting, but even networking would be preferable to pain) when I realized, freshly showered and half dressed, that I wasn't up to going out. Phooey.

It was better this morning, then slightly worse, then enough better that I was able to watch the Bruins (they won this afternoon over the Islanders, 6-3, yay), and go on to my evening plans, seeing Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with friends (and it was good, too). Right now my head doesn't hurt, but my neck is stiff and sore down into my shoulder blade, which I strongly hope is just the pain moving out, not the headache crawling back upstream.

I'm happy to report that my new slippers arrived safely yesterday. Can you guess which are the new ones and which the old?
I'll give you a hint: the dark bits inside the old ones are where the lining is completely worn away.
The new ones are, by size, slightly larger than the old, but there's so much cush in the cushion, they feel slightly smaller! It's amazing, the difference. I bounce a little as I walk.

I've been knitting, something to be revealed later, but full of wooly love. See?
X and O. Hugs and kisses. Made with sticks and string. Knitting is a miracle of its own, I think.

3 comments:

  1. Carlos therapy! My cat kneads my lap when I feel like that, too. I don't know how she knows.

    Love, love, love the blue color of your knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a migraine earlier today, so I feel your pain -- literally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....Carlos could almost be a twin to my cat Hobbes...except Hobbes is very good at ignoring me when I need a kitty cuddle.

    ReplyDelete