Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Updates, All Sorts

Health Update: I am feeling a lot better than I have been recently. I still have some extra congestion, and since this started two weeks ago, perhaps it really is allergies and not a cold, but whatever the reason, I'm not coughing much, and only needing cough drops when my throat gets dry.

Walking Update: Like when I go for a walk, which I did yesterday and again today. I always tuck a tissue in my pocket when I go for a walk, but these days I need cough drops, too. Also, my feet are very unhappy tonight, sore and almost blistery on the balls of my feet. What kind of super-smooth socks do I need for walking in? Distances of two or three miles shouldn't leave me hobbling. I've tried a couple of different sock types, not just my hand-knits, but it's not working. Maybe I should ask in a sporting goods store.

Weather Update: I don't regret it even so, for we are having ridiculously good weather here these days, and one simply must get out in it! As in, around 80 yesterday and today, and forecast for more of the same tomorrow and Thursday. I love it! Now, it's dropping after that, as you can see by the 10-day forecast:
But no one in their right mind* could complain about this nice weather in March.
*By which I mean, of a like mind to me. I know there are people who find this too warm, or unnatural, or something. I don't care, they're crazy, I love it!

Coffee Update: A couple of days ago, I thought my morning coffee tasted a bit funny. I was trying a new flavor, so the next morning I tried the old kind, and something was still off. I looked at the ingredient list of the cocoa I just bought. It's the same kind I've been using, plain old Swiss Miss, but [danger, danger!] it's New & Improved! And do you know what it has now? Sucralose. I swear I can taste that in anything, and not in a good way. Ugh. Waste of money, and of cocoa unless I can find someone who wants it. Yuck. I bought more cocoa today, store brand, checked the ingredient list carefully first. We'll see how that tastes. So complicated, isn't it?

Knitting Update: I managed to go ten days from finishing the Wingspan scarf with only my socks to knit on. In a strange corollary, I've made terrific progress on the socks. Go figure! The first one is done, the second past the heel and moving along the foot. Tonight, though, the lure of all this fabulous new yarn was too much for me. I've just cast on another Wingspan, this one to be larger due to using a heavier yarn. Two yarns, in fact, as I'm planning to alternate triangles of the Noro Cash Iroha and the Colinette Iona that have made a home with me recently. We shall see if the reality works as well as it does in my head.

Cat Update: Carlos continues to be super-cute. He has enjoyed having more open windows the last few days, since apparently things smell different out of the others than his usual window. Or something.
It's a cat thing. You wouldn't understand.

3 comments:

  1. With this beautiful weather Tux is living in the open kitchen door. He evidently was bored with the view from the screened porch and out the kitchen and living room window. I don't understand it because all he can see out the kitchen door is a stone wall. Go figure - must be the smells.

    This is such spectacular weather - I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Let's hope it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they make special running socks to prevent blisters. IF they don't make special socks for walking, maybe try running socks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need thor-lo socks and they are expensive but you can get them at city sports and rei. they are amazing. i no longer exercise without them. tricks i've learned - buy thor-los, put on a little foot cream/body lotion before you slip them on and buy your exercise sneakers .5 to 1 size larger than your regular shoes. you will feel no pain. love you lots.

    ReplyDelete