Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Knitting, knitting, knitting

JLK note: This post contains baby item spoilers. Feel free to look, but if you want surprises, skip today!

In the end, I did wind sock yarn last night, as I came to the sudden realization that if I didn't, I would have no small knitting project to carry in my purse. No, this must not be! I got the next yarn from the on-deck circle, which is Sock Dream from the Periwinkle Sheep, I got it at Rhinebeck with Grandma's birthday money, and it is 80% merino, 10% nylon, and 10% cashmere. Mmmm! It feels so nice. This is my first time knitting with cashmere. So far, I like it!


The quick knit I alluded to yesterday was (is) a baby hat, using some of the leftover yarn from the baby surprise jacket. I still have to weave the ends in, but the knitting was done before bedtime.

Speaking of the baby surprise jacket, I went into Boston on Monday to get buttons at the wonderful Windsor Button shop, and the man at the counter was so helpful in finding just what I wanted. Here, pre-seaming and attaching:
He wasn't even phased when I started by saying I wanted four buttons, and then looked at the sweater and realized it was five. (You'd think I'd remember how many buttonholes I made, but apparently you'd be wrong.)

Ta-da! All done!

I'm quite happy with it. Unemployment has many sides, and not all are pleasant, but the increased knitting time certainly suits me.

As does getting enough sleep every night, instead of just on weekends. I'm rather afraid I'm getting used to it...

1 comment: