Monday, March 19, 2012

Here I Am! A hockey note, and knitter stuff

Through two periods tonight, the Maple Leafs had seven shots, and the Bruins had seven goals*. Excuse me while I snigger happily at the return of the team I so enjoyed watching a few months back. Long may they reign.
*The final score was 8-0, ahhhh. And Timmy had to make all of 13 saves for the shutout.

Meanwhile, I promised pictures of my purchases from the Yarn Crawl on Saturday, and here I am to oblige!

First up, the project bag from A Loom With a View:

It's bigger at one end than the other, a construction that happily reminds me of the Tardis (which is famously bigger on the inside than the outside).
Here it displays the next purchase, a skein of Ella Rae Lace Merino in enchanting colors and of exquisite softness, such that it surprises me to see only wool on the label, not cashmere or silk. Mmmm.

Then the deeply discounted Iona, in all its lovely blueness.
I am dying to cast this on ... but I'm making such good progress on the sock without distraction, I will hold off as long as I can.

There was one more yarn to come home with me, though not a purchase. When the line at Coveted Yarn got long, they passed out apologetic yarn. They certainly know how to keep knitters happy! This is a fun and funky yarn, and the pattern to make a market bag with it.


Not something I'd have bought, probably, but looks like it will be fun to play with!

And that's that, assuming that pictures of a circular knitting needle and cable needles don't make your skirt fly up. A good little haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment