Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Yarn-Spreading

I've noticed recently that I need a bit more yarn storage, as my sport and DK weights are very stuffed into two squares of Ikea blocks each:

My yarn runneth over.

On Facebook Marketplace, I found someone local selling a small shelving thing, which turned out to be a bit smaller than I was thinking it would be, but still very much useful size, and worth the $35 to me.

It fit neatly under the window in the living room--my mother has said that she likes looking at yarn, so I don't have to worry about keeping it out of the shared spaces (fortunately for me).

I decided to spread out the sport-weight into the new one, thus.

So much better: it has room to breathe!

And the DK then could spread out, too.

So much better! And room to grow, ahem.

Since the fingering-weight yarn was re-sorted, I'm really in a pretty good place right now, yarn-org-wise. I may tweak things, but this is good. Very satisfying.

Every time I do anything like this with my yarn, I am reminded of how much lovely yarn I have, which is also fun. (She says, waiting for a yarn order to ship.)


5 comments:

  1. That was a smart buy. And the yarn looks much happier, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks better! I think we have that same 6 cube organizer. We actually have 2-3 of them spread through out our house! Ours mostly have baskets in them to hide/disguise the kids' toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be used for so many things, but it's the perfect size for yarn; I'm really pleased with it.

      Delete
  3. More yarn storage is always a very good thing. And it always fills up (here, at least.)

    ReplyDelete