Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Piling On

The universe seems to feel that I don’t have enough on my plate right now (ha ha OH MY GOD I DO THOUGH), and has thrown a few more things at me.

  • We got in my car this afternoon to take Mom into town for some tests, and my car immediately gave a low tire pressure warning. We went back and switched to Mom’s car, which I am thankful we had the option of, but I am more comfortable driving mine and it wasn’t much fun to change it up. And now I have to take my car in and see if adding air to the tire(s) fixes the problem or, you know, it doesn’t.
  • We got home and I went to feed Maggie first thing. She ate with enthusiasm, then threw up. So add cleaning that up to the list.
  • Mom does condo checks for half the building during the summer, so I had to take care of those before I could sit down with dinner.
  • Before I finished eating, Maggie threw up some more.
  • We have an Unidentified Smell in the kitchen that I haven’t been able to track down. Finding that is going to have to happen soon, it is very unpleasant.

I am so freaking tired.

The tests, by the way, will hopefully confirm what the doctor thinks the problem is, and we could move to the next stage, treating it. Fingers crossed. In the meantime, she’s doing better with the pain meds he gave her, so there’s that, at least.

7 comments:

  1. Glad that you are working on developing a plan for your mom. And UGH. All of those things are unpleasant by themselves, but when you have other, more important things going on? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? For every new thing that is moved to the top of the list, other things are falling off at the bottom. What a lot of work life can be.

      Delete
  2. Oh, it does seem like the world is working against you. Don't forget to prioritize what's important!

    The low pressure light comes up in our car whenever the temp changes drastically, like from 40 degrees to 80 degrees overnight or vice versa. We just take it to the gas station, add some air, and it goes away. It might not even need a trip to a mechanic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that is sometimes the case, but for this time, I looked at the tire the next day and it was much flatter looking, so I suspect it's more of a deal. I think I'll have to have someone come and fill it with air and then it should be safe to drive to the mechanic and have him check it. But it's just another thing to deal with, sigh. And yet I hate driving my mother's car, so I'm motivated!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could dash over there and clean up and check apartments and whatever all else so as to give you a break from that part, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Universe has a lousy sense of timing. Or humour. Either way, it's not fair and not funny. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete