Thursday, July 27, 2023

Quasi Progress

One of the things we have learned during this health experience is that my mother's new primary care doctor is wonderful (he came highly recommended by a friend, but she had only seen him once before, so it was still a bit uncertain). When you call the office, a person answers! No machine, no press-one-for-this-or-two-for-that, but a real, live, pleasant person who seems to want to help!

Due to the nature of what's going on with her, he referred her to a pain management doctor for treatment. Mom called that doctor's office Wednesday morning and was told that she needed to complete the new-patient forms before getting an appointment. They emailed the forms to me, and I filled them out (all 14 pages), and went to the UPS Store to fax them back to the office (ye gods), then went home and called. They said they hadn't received it yet, but would call when they did.

This morning I called and said Well? (Very politely.) And after almost 5 minutes of searching, she was able to find both the form I sent in, and the referral info from the PCP. 

So, she says, his next available appointment is August 15th.

August 15th! She should be in this pain for almost three more weeks!

I called her primary's office, and the nice woman said she would call them* and see what she could do. A while later, they called me back and asked if we could come in today. Yes please!

*She also called me back later, to make sure they got back to me. So nice.

So Mom* saw him, we have a plan of attack, we have some hope, but she's still in pain for now, if anyone wants to keep those prayers going. Thank you.

*I had this as "she saw him" but I realize there are a lot of "she" uses in this. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Way to have a doctor who will advocate for their patients!! Nicely done and I hope your mom is able to get her pain under control quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I am so sorry your mom is going through these medical issues, and I hope they get to the bottom of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are getting resolved. I like that you are tenacious. Sometimes we have to keep at things to get results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer went straight up. Glad they got her in and I wish her all the best.

    ReplyDelete