Tuesday, August 09, 2022

A Practically Perfect Project

This weekend, I finished a knitting project, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I mentioned starting it two months ago; it's Centrifugal, and the yarn I used is from Gauge Dyeworks. I showed its progress a few weeks later, but then put it aside for my trip up north. And then there was the emergency baby blanket knitting, so there was no picking this up for a few more weeks. But its time came again, and here it is, done.

Pre-blocking, laid out to look at:

I just love the way the colors flow.


And isn't it pretty soaking?
Laid out: I didn't pin it, as I just wanted it to be what it was, no hard blocking required.
It grew a few inches, which is nice. It lays around the shoulders well, due to the shape, but it can also be worn sort of kerchief style, bundled around the neck.

It's so nice when you love how a project came out!

I'm still working on the cashmere-silk Circle of Friends that I started for travel knitting; it makes good social knitting, though photos at this stage are sort of blobby.

But today I picked up another project, Close to You, that had been pushed to the side, as shown by this mention of it from March. It's coming along!

It's a funny thing to pick something up after a few months. What was this, how was I...? Oh yes. Onward.

4 comments: