Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Updates, Including Knitting

  • Spam: I'm still getting about a hundred spam emails a day. Even more disturbingly, a few spam messages have appeared in my regular inbox in the last few days. Gmail is usually very good about catching those, but maybe the onslaught has worn the filter down.
  • The time change continues to bother me. 😴 The resolution to stop it passed the Senate, but would need to go through the House in order to get to the president to be approved; dare I hope that will happen? I'm so tired. Just stop changing what time it is.
  • Sometime you need rain to appreciate it not raining. (Click on the picture to see it bigger.)


Knitting! This is the Close to You shawl, which I am knitting in blue and yellow to show I stand with Ukraine.


The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Featherlight, in Blue Ribbon.


Oh, and as always, I have a sock going. The yarn is Knit One, Crochet Too Crock-O-Dye in Seaglass; the pattern as always is the Simple Skyp Sock.


Then there's the social-knitting shawl, which is Purl Soho's Wheelwright Shawl, a free pattern that uses DK yarn and short rows. Yarn is Three Irish Girls Springvale DK in the colorway Pride in the name of love.

I'm enjoying how the colors are popping!
And yes, if it reminds you of the Roam shawl I recently finished, you are not alone!
After having seen me working on Wheelwright, someone on the trip saw me wearing Roam and exclaimed, "You finished it!"
Roam is in lighter-weight yarn, and the main color is a dark blue, almost navy, while the other is really purple. But I get it, there is a strong resemblance. I love them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment