Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Change, Even Small, Is a No Right Now

On Sunday, I opened my Gmail as usual on my computer, and it looked different.

I may have actually recoiled. What did they do?

Now, functionally it was much the same. But it looked different, and I felt like a rug had been pulled out from under me. It's different, what's different, why is it different?

Also, I tried to open Settings to see if I could change it back, and Settings wouldn't open. Just nothing. I couldn't deal.

So I've been making do with it, but today it was bugging me again, so I looked at the settings (which opened this time), and saw this:


I thought that was odd, because this definitely isn't the "view" I had before, but hey, give it a try. I clicked on the link, and got this:


Soooo, I think Google got confused there! I did go back to original view, and it looks like it did on Saturday, whew.

Life is exhausting sometimes.



2 comments:

  1. You mean I don't have to have my gmail account looking like it's trying to ape Zuckerberg? I can go back? THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a couple of days to figure out why gmail was looking different (I can be a bit slow at times... *sigh*), and as soon I did I went back to the previous/original look. I suppose the new look is okay, but I liked the previous look and was fine with it... my feeling is if it ain't broke, don't fix it... glad to know I am not the Lone Ranger...

    ReplyDelete