Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Ow

I have often described myself as uncoordinated, or as really, really uncoordinated. I'm a klutz. This is just a fact. But based on something I did yesterday, I've decided that instead of describing the categories as coordinated and uncoordinated, there needs to be another level: anti-coordinated.

Yesterday, I refilled my water glass and headed back out to the lanai. Moving at a normal pace, around furniture that has been in place for the four-plus years I've lived here, I somehow managed to absolutely wallop my hand into the corner of this:

I somehow managed to hit that corner directly between my first and middle fingers, and HARD. Somehow, I kept on walking and didn't drop my water (on autopilot, I guess?), though I did immediately start crying from the pain. Wow. Couldn't have done that if I had been trying to, right?

So I have spent the time since studying my hand looking for evidence, and finding remarkably little so far. I would think, is that swollen? And then look at the other hand, and no, it's just how my hands look (apparently I don't look closely at my hands that often). I just feel that if something hurts this much, it should show. All I have is two small red spots between the two fingers, as though I got bitten by a teeny tiny vampire. And yet here I am, resting up and icing my hand after such strenuous tasks as washing my hands.

Ow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry and I hope your hand feels better ASAP.

    I regularly bump my arm into walls. I guess I just don't understand how physically large I am. I refer to myself as clumsy because I just have no control over my bodily movements. *shrug* It's a lifelong affliction, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hear you. I'm someone who managed to lose my balance and fall into a wall (just past the corner, at least) hard enough to break a rib a few years ago. It's not like the wall had moved somewhere new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCCHHHHHHHH! I often stub my toe on our coffee table, which has a granite top and thus doesn't move AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete