Sunday, August 21, 2022

Misplaced Mojo; Other Fun

I had lunch with a knitting friend yesterday and it turns out we're both in a bit of a lull, knitting-wise. I finished the little rainbow shawl a few weeks ago, got back to the Circle of Friends, picked up Close to You, worked on the latest sock, and eh. Just not feeling a thrill for any of it, yet not really feeling startitis either. I still want to make the Electric Slide Wrap with the yarn I got, but, I don't know. Not now.

I want to be excited to knit something, but... I don't know. Knitting blahs. It happens. It will pass.

It was very fun to have lunch with my friend, and we agreed that we need to do so more often. Most of this group goes north in the summer, so those of us who don't shouldn't wait until everyone else is here. Also, she is in a charity knitting group, so she came here after lunch and took half of the yarn I was looking to rehome, which is great for everyone involved. Leaving this, which someone else is going to come get next month.


And on Friday I also had fun: I took a vacation day to go with friends to a flea market and have lunch. It was fun! A lot of the booths were closed, it being off-season, and even with periodic pipes of air conditioning, it was hot, but it was fun.

I really, really want this. 


Anyone have $1400 to spare? I don't really have room, but I'd find room.

This was one of the closed ones. I'm really curious what the booth would look like.

Truth.
And lots of fun yard things.





I should take Fridays off more often; it was so nice to have the day off and then get the weekend! Long weekends are so civilized. And it was a beautiful day:



2 comments:

  1. I have a rolltop desk that I paid much less than $1400 for at a local antiques place. It took me about six months of haunting antique places, but I found one! It is possible.

    The desk in question is in the first photo here: https://ngradstudent.blogspot.com/2017/11/four-pieces-of-furniture-part-ii.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three drawers each side, not four, and a lighter color of oak, but, I have that desk! We bought it about twenty-five years ago for $400.

    ReplyDelete