Sunday, May 29, 2022

Upon Request

I've knit things for my mother over the years, mostly small toys and trinkets, but she doesn't really want shawls or scarves or hats or socks, so not much of that. Recently, though, she asked if I could knit her a sort of tube, a footless sock or legwarmer, to replace a commercial one she has that is getting worn out. Can I? Sure! Glad to!

I played around with another yarn before going to this one, the BFL from Maple Creek Farm that I used to make the Top Notes poncho. I swatched in (from the bottom) US 8, 7, 6, and 5 needles.

Then I cast on with 4s. It made sense in my head in the moment.
I did put it on waste yarn and make sure it would go over Mom's foot and calf, which it will.

So, on we go! And hopefully it will keep me away from the Circle Of Friends Wrap I started with the Kitten yarn, which is delightful but which I want to be the travel project for my trip in a month, not done before I leave.

It is lovely to work with, though.


Ahh.

1 comment:

  1. You have a lucky mom! That's delightful!

    There is a solution to the Kitten problem, one that Melinda and Tess would love: I'm sure they can dye you more.

    Seriously, one of the scarves in my book is there because when I mailed my shawls and manuscript to the publisher, I threw in the scarf knitted in Kitten and said that's no masterpiece design-wise but just in case you want it.

    Someone there loved it so hard they had to make one, too, and they wanted it in the book. So there it is. But it was clearly because of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete