Thursday, June 09, 2022

Happy Mom's Birthday to You

It's Mom's birthday! We're going out for a nice dinner to celebrate.

I finished the footless-sock she asked for.

It grew slightly after blocking, and i know it looks small, but she says it fits perfectly.
I also have her the traditional stack of scrubbies, as she gets every year at her request.
(Crocheted out of nylon netting, and they really do work great.)

In other craft news, I've got a plan in mind for the rainbow yarn:

A couple of people asked if this yarn would stripe, and though the dyer does do yarn that does, this one isn't short stripes, but in longer blocks of color instead, so it will go through blue-purple-pink-red-orange-yellow-green-blue before getting to the grey. I look forward to seeing it develop.

The pattern I'm going to try is one that I had noted a while back with different yarn in mind, and I was thinking of it as a large-shawl pattern, but it actually has a bunch of sizes, and the smallest should work with the amount of yarn I have here. Plus, it's an unusual construction, so doing this will be a kind of dry run for how it works bigger. Win-win! The pattern is called Centrifugal (Ravelry link), by Carissa Browning.


In fact, I started, but although I found the i-cord cast on to be simple enough to do, it stretched out the first row wildly.

Which a few other people mentioned as a problem. So I'll rip it out, and do an i-cord that I pick up stitches from, instead. Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is such a cool way for the yarn to "work." I look forward to seeing the finished product!

    And happy birthday to your mom! The footless sock is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's cool!

    Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete