Monday, June 20, 2022

The Developing Rainbow

I mentioned that I had wound a rainbow skein of yarn, in honor of Pride month, but wasn't sure what pattern to use. And then, I picked one!

It turns out that this doesn't just progress from blue to purple, etc., but through blues plural...
Into purples...
And more purples:
Into pinks!

And then pink-orange shades.
And then coral-to-oranges:
And I'm almost to yellow!

So much fun to watch!

I am not, by the way, taking this on my trip as travel knitting. I'm looking forward to picking up my treat yarn project again. And it's still very small, fitting easily in a sock-size project bag:

And it's so soft! 
I'm looking forward to some lovely, mindless*, meditative knitting to get me through Travel As It Is Today.

*Not that Centrifugal is at all complex: much of it is repeating two simple rows. But you do have to pay some attention, as you can tell by the shape, and with this one, it's knit-knit-knit all the way. Well, for a long time. You know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment