Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Not Exactly To Plan, But Good

One of the errands I did last night was to run into Bed & Bath and look at their clearance section for a new bedspread. The blankets on my bed are rather ratty looking, and I thought that if I could find a basic, neutral bedspread for not too much money, I wanted to do so, before condo-selling time.

At first, I didn't think I was going to find anything. There were plenty of "That's the clearance price?" ones, some of which had far more included than I need (I didn't look at what was in the nine-piece set, but I know I didn't need it all), some of them were really not neutral, some were only there in twin and king ... but finally I did see one that I looked at twice. A medium gray, only three pieces (the bedspread and two shams), in full (or at least, full/queen), but, more than I wanted to pay, even at the clearance price, and with a coupon.

Then I touched it.
The packaging calls it velvet, and they are not kidding.
It's so soft! And warm!
And it was kind of a ridiculous amount to spend, and I don't regret it one bit.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Sometimes you find just the right thing and you know that you will be really glad you have it every time you look at it for a very long time to come, and how many things do we buy that we can say that of? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, for velvet that's a really good price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not? It's a great color and will last a nice long time . You deserve something to snuggle in with.

    ReplyDelete