Thursday, February 22, 2018

Tweet, tweet

I mentioned last summer that I had started using Twitter, though I wasn't very active on it, and though I use it more now, I'm still not terribly active. Two funny recent things beg to be shared, though.

First is (to my continuing surprise) the fact that at least some companies monitor when you mention them, so it can be a good way to get a question answered (as Instagram can also be). Well, last night I was doing a few things on the computer, and one of those was getting the 2017 annual summary for one of my credit cards. I had received an email that it was ready, but when I clicked on the link in the email, it took me to sign in, and once I was in, there was nothing I could see about where the annual summary was to be found.

I looked all over the place, and finally I took to Twitter to vent my frustration. I linked to at-barclaycard, which is the issuer (it's a JetBlue card, but through Barclay), but this morning I had a polite response letting me know that they were actually Barclay in the UK, but giving me the US one, and the times they would be online today. And shortly after the US business day started, they in turn replied with the trail of breadcrumbs to follow for the summary (it's under statements, which only seems obvious in hindsight). A nice resolution to something small but aggravating.

The other one is actually just something that struck me as funny, given all the problems I've had with my ankle since last spring. The other day, someone else I follow had "liked" this:
Painfully funny, but funny all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment