Saturday, May 06, 2017

The Flowers in My Neighborhood

This morning was on and off rainy, but midafternoon it cleared a little, and I took a quick walk around my neighborhood, camera in hand. The weather may not have reached my ideal yet, but it is prime season for the flowering things, and I love it!

I know the names of very few of them, so basically what I'm saying here is, isn't this pretty? This flower on a tree?
Now this I know: tulips! So looking forward to tuliping tomorrow.
Another one I recognize: lilacs! I love them. Pretty and smells fantastic.

And then the two kinds of pink flowering trees, the ones I like but not as much:
They have the round blossoms.
And the other ones, that I like even more:

They bloom like this, more feathery:
I like it when I see them tucked in between houses.
This one is also pink, but a bush more than a tree.
The camera missed the tulip and focused behind it. Rats.
More tulips, big and blown.
A nice bed of tulips.
And even some violets.
But then! Coming home on a road I rarely drive down, I found to my surprise a house that has gone All In on the tulips (and a few other things). See?
Just wow.
Left
Center
Right
And more to the side.
Well done, neighbors! I feel like writing them a thank-you note.

2 comments:

  1. So lovely! I heard they're making a Shazam for plants--maybe that will help you :)

    I'm excited to pick something to put in my planters out front, only it has been getting cold, and appears to be staying cold this week. Maybe in a couple weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the tree with the frilly pink flowers is a crepe myrtle and the other may be a dogwood. I'm not great with the tree nomenclature so it's just a guess on my part.

    ReplyDelete