Friday, May 12, 2017

Here, Have More Tulips! Well, One Tulip, Progressing

Even though I understand that when nature is involved, there is only so much people can control, I don't always like the results. Last year, the tulips I picked lasted about two weeks; by the end of that time, they were dried and decaying but somehow still beautiful. This year, the tulips were farther along when I picked them, and five days later, they are already mostly at that stage. I admit to being slightly disappointed, while not blaming the farm or anyone else. It's nature. Things vary. I get it.

And that being said, they are still so beautiful. Today was another mostly rainy, gray day (oh lord, bring back sun and warmth before I curl up in a ball and stay in bed all day*), but the colors in one particularly cheered me.
*Right now, they're saying it will be warmer by the middle of next week, which I am trying not to count on too much, but oh, I hope so!

Wait, let me step back. Here it is to start, Sunday night at home:
And not much change to Monday night.
At this point, by the way, I would have called it pink. Wouldn't you?

Next is from mid-morning Tuesday, slightly more open:
And the same time, view from above. Always look at them from all angles!
I didn't take pictures on Wednesday, being preoccupied with going into town, and aggravating my ankle (which isn't worse, but is still aggravated, and aggravating), and all that. But here we have two from Thursday. Side:
And above.
At this point, it's not 100% pink, is it? Fascinating. A little purple, a touch of peach...

And today, when I really noticed it:
This one petal off to the side just glows. It's translucent, and all the colors.

Stunning.

1 comment: