Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Little Up, Little Down

When I was at the chiropractor tonight, I mentioned that I'd twisted my ankle and it was bugging me a bit, and he said, "Four to six months." I immediately protested, "I don't want to hear that!" And he laughed and said, "Days! Four to six days!" I told that I know that isn't true, since it's been three weeks already, and he asked if I was compressing it and icing it, and I said yes, and trying to rest it and elevate it. But I guess I really shouldn't be surprised that the annoyance lingers. The thing is, it goes up and down. Sunday it hardly bothered me at all, then this morning it was really uncomfortable. Up and down. Sigh.

On the other hand, I'm reading a book that's really good, a fascinating concept and it just keeps being good, twisty and unexpected (in a good way), so crossed fingers that it makes it to the end without ruining that happy feeling. (I picked up it after reading this review.) I might just have to try to finish it tonight.

While icing my ankle.

Edited to add: Whoa. The ending did not disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. Did I send you the link to that review? I'm on the wait-list for the book, I'm glad to hear that it's good!

    ReplyDelete