Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Nice Shot

If you are, like so many of us these days, stepping back from the news (at one point or another) because oh-my, all-the-crazy, who-can-keep-up, well, first of all, I'm not blaming you. I do it too some of the time, and I respect your instincts towards self care.

However, I want to make sure you aren't missing this, because it's funny (and believe me, I am refraining from linking to all the non-funny things that are going on, there are too many of them and they are So Not Funny, though I will say that if you can stand it, John Oliver's summary of last week, though not all funny, is well worth watching).

And I'm not even talking about the White House document that mentioned "the possibility of lasting peach" between Israel and Palestine, though that's kind of funny, too. (This administration not valuing proofreading is, even to me, way far down on their list of problems.)

No. I mean Melania not holding Donald's hand.

So did you hear? Yesterday, the story came out that the President tried to hold the First Lady's hand when they were walking off the plane in Israel, and she swatted it away. Today, after landing in Rome, he tried again, and she deftly avoided him again. You can see it all here; there's video.

Meanwhile, Pete Souza, who was the photographer for the Obama administration, just happened to throw this lovely shot up on Instagram today.
The man is so good at what he's doing. He's well worth following, if you're on Instagram.

And if, like me, he's making you nostalgic, check out these, his favorites of the photos he took. (I think #52 is my favorite of those.)

Now, just to reward you for this foray into politics, here is something not at all political, and hey, it's stupid, but it made me laugh.
Thongs, right?

1 comment:

  1. Those photos of Obama were really lovely. Nice bit of history.

    ReplyDelete