Wednesday, May 03, 2017

A Few Short Takes

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'd been meaning to get around to calling for a check-up for, oh, months, and I finally did yesterday. And then the scheduler said, "Well, she's booking now for late October and November," but as I was picking my jaw up off the floor, she went on, "Though she does have a couple of cancellations this week, if you want one of those?" So while it's not urgent, yes, I would rather come in this week than wait six months. Medicine is crazy in so many ways.

And this is where I need to remind myself that, although my company is deeply flawed in many ways, having the kind of flexibility that I can ask this of my boss so close to the day, and it's fine, is a very handy thing.

~~~~~
Although, that said, I have to go in to town next week to see the new office, because they're moving again, just five months after the last move. And if you can make sense of that, it's more than I can.

~~~~~
My current report is on COPD. Which, in Spanish, is apparently EPOC. Doesn't that sound nicer?

It isn't, of course, it's the same thing. But it sounds nicer.

~~~~~
Fortunately, I didn't promise to make a lot of sense tonight. Did I, now?

~~~~~
I put this on Facebook when I saw it last week, but I don't seem to have put it up here:
Before the Bruins all went their separate ways for the summer, at least some of them went on vacation together. (That's Pasta, Krejci, one I don't know by sight, and Bergeron.) Is that not the cutest thing ever?

~~~~~
Well, maybe not quite ever. Himself was bring pretty adorable today, as usual.
I like a cat who throws himself fully into the seriousness of sleeping.

1 comment: