Thursday, May 04, 2017

One Reason Why

The doctor I saw today is one I haven't gone to for long, but I like her, and here's an example of why. We were talking about my exercising (she was delighted that I had accepted her challenge and found a way to exercise) and how stubborn my body is about things like losing weight, and she proclaimed with sincerity that my body is outstanding at metabolizing food, hanging onto calories in case of need--I forget exactly how she put it, but she made it sound like a good thing even though I'm not so sure! She said that in an emergency, I would be in good position to survive, because of the way my body works.

Which is pretty funny, and may not even be true, but for me to be smiling instead of sulking in that conversation is an achievement of sorts. And I'm trying not to sulk that she'd like my blood test to be fasting, even though I sure do hate fasting. Well, that's not tonight's problem, anyway. Off to go get some dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Between that and the knitting, you'll be in good shape when the apocalypse comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. And wish we had had dinner together tonight. Let's connect soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete