Sunday, April 01, 2012

Hockey Win + Book Win = Win-Win

I only kind of watched the Bruins game tonight, due to a combination of hockey-fan nerves (the Bruins hadn't beaten the Rangers all year) and a good book (Patricia Briggs's latest, Fair Game, which was excellent and ended on an extremely interesting twist, say no more). Sometimes I like to pretend that when I watch intently, the Bruins trip up because they want so much to win for me (would that it were true), and perhaps my eyes-off-ness today helped them win, and clinch the division title. I'm willing to take partial credit, anyway!

So, speaking of reading, it's the start of a new month, and when I went to add Fair Game to my list, I took a look back at my reading so far this year (and as compared to last year). Let's just say, this caption makes me laugh, but it isn't true of me.

funny cat pictures - <span class=

Last year, I averaged 15 books a month, with a low of 9 (October, when I was out of town so much) and a high of 22 (March, when I was probably ignoring all the snow). This year, I'm slightly ahead of that, but not so much as you might think, given the not working for two months out of three. Apparently, I'm more likely to be filling my extra time with knitting than reading.

Anyway, I read 21 in January, 15 in February, and 20 in March. The majority have been re-reads, but there are some new ones in there, too; other than Fair Game, I also enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith, and Shannon Hale's Book of a Thousand Days. I re-read Kristin Cashore's first two books, and am now officially dying for her new one to come out. Waiting another month doesn't bear thinking of.

But I'll manage to find something to read until then. Somehow. I'm sure of it.

1 comment:

  1. You like Cashore, huh? I was debating reading her books because they were on book lists (librarians see lots and lots of book lists), but hadn't really heard many people talk about them.

    ReplyDelete