Tuesday, July 05, 2011

A Little More 4th

My favorite part of last night's Pops concert (and granted, I didn't watch all of it) was their debut of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.



How can you not love the Pops headbanging?! (Starting at 3:27 in this video.) I wish Freddie Mercury could have seen it.

I think the in-the-crowd perspective shows, better than the TV broadcast did, how the crowd was singing along, though last night I did like seeing the closeups of the electric guitar player, who is a little obscured in this version.

If you need a refresher on the Queen version:



Or, for that matter, the headbanging from the Wayne's World version (banging starts at 1:10):



And if you didn't get enough of The Stars and Stripes Forever this weekend, there's a flash mob in the supermarket version now, too.

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Boston Pops! My two favorite versions of Bohemian Rhapsody (other than, of course, Queen) are Mnozil Brass:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTI1WhgEaUg&feature=related

    and the Muppets:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

    ReplyDelete