Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Look Out, I Feel Random!

It's that time again! Time for posting a random collection of odds and bobs! Welcome back ...
Inside My Brain!
(Am I overselling? If you make it to the end, tell me what you think.)

One:
A Most Ridiculous Item, courtesy of the Unclutterer blog:
Please never buy this. Please. Go peel the bark off a stick in the backyard the way you're supposed to.

Two:
Dave Barry recently blogged a letter from a fan who reported that when wearing one of his Dave Barry for President shirts, she was asked not only who Dave was, but if he won.

Arg.

Three:
In a happy confluence of hockey and knitting* comes a story of how historically famous goalie Jacques Plante used to knit to relax, as well as because “I can’t get what I want in the stores.”

*Considering that they quote from a book, it's practically my perfect story. All it needs is a cat!

Four:
These poor people lost their house to a tornado, but the federal government sent them a letter that said:
"Based on your FEMA inspection, we have determined that the disaster has not caused your home to be unsafe to live in"
O RLY?

My tax dollars at work. Sigh.

Five:
Speaking of tornadoes, the path of the one(s) that recently went across Massachusetts can be seen from space.


Six:
The Globe's Big Picture feature had photos of the volcanic eruption in Chile last month. Have you ever seen the like?


Click on it to see it bigger! Then go look at the other pictures. Don't miss more lightning in photos 22 and 27.

Okay, I think six is a good random number for tonight. Have a pleasant day/night/time period, wherever you are. (Now I want s'mores.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- I never knew Lucy Neatby had a newsletter! And she's changed her whole website -- amazing what you can learn from following links. It's wonderful that a hockey player knits - now I have a "manly man" to hold out to the guys of my acquaintance who scoff at the idea.

    I've never had a s'more in my life but somehow doubt I'd be willing to spend on something that's only purpose is to make a 6-pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these random posts. You always clue me into things I was never aware of.

    ReplyDelete