Friday, July 01, 2011

Briefly to Say Ahhhh

This week was a very busy one at work, with lots of projects due and lots of people working late (not me: I don't know enough yet to be on the late-coverage calendar). Today, though, nothing was due, they announced first thing this morning that the office would close at 1, there was 100% less urgency, everything was much more relaxed, and of course, time crawled.

At noon, I'm normally not even half-way through a day, but today I was all, "Another hour?! No way!" Why are short days and short weeks so long? It's a weird perception thing.

Anyway, it was a pleasant playing-hooky afternoon, and at 8:15 I'm yawning fit to crack my jaw. Three days off. Doesn't that sound lovely?

Happy Canada Day, if that's your thing. Happy 4th of July weekend, if that is. Happy Weekend to all.

2 comments:

  1. It does crawl, but there's also something kinda cool about being one of the few people in the office right before a major holiday. You've got a nice weekend to relax now! (And the kitties rejoice!)

    ReplyDelete