Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Grumpage

funny pictures of cats with captions

Days like today make me realize that my grip on functionality and serenity isn't as firm as I would like. Something annoying happened, not the end of the world but irritating and involving a fair amount of work, and it really knocked the pins out from under me. I tell myself it's not a big deal, but I got more upset than I would like by this. Perhaps my allergies are a contributing factor: I've had a sore throat since yesterday morning, making swallowing painful, and the runny nose is getting on my last nerve. Or maybe my next-to-last nerve, since the last nerve is currently dealing with the task of rewriting a document I don't understand, about a procedure which has nothing to do with my job, in an area where I have no experience.

Last Friday was a really good day, for work. Today I turned into Cranky McCrabbyPants.

Ice cream helped. Fuzz therapy helped.


And now, I'm going to put in a movie, something brainless I've seen a million times, and knit. And pray that tomorrow is better.

2 comments:

  1. That picture totally cracked me up.

    All my students were out of sorts today, too. Tomorrow's another day. (And thank God it'll be Wednesday.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was such a long day at work...not just long in hours, but long psychologically...as in, it felt almost like February except there was no snow outside.

    Tomorrow must be better, right?

    ReplyDelete