Friday, September 04, 2009

Having a Cranky Moment

I shouldn't be cranky right now, heading into a lovely three-day weekend, but I am. I hope it will pass if I let it out. Here are a few reasons for the cranky.
  • Until a moment ago, the computer was making that gritchy-gritchy little "I'm working hard" noise while I wasn't doing a single thing. This noise irritates me a bit when I AM doing something, but when I have nothing running and am not even touching the mouse, it drives me batshit nuts. Demanding of it what it is DOING, and why doesn't it stop, nuts. Threatening to throw it out the window nuts. Have to leave the room nuts.
  • Little miss social princess across the street is out chattering on her porch like everyone within earshot wants to hear ever detail of her teenage life. No Thank You! Hush!
  • One of my neighbors is cooking something that smells delicious. I'm about ready to start knocking on doors. What is that, and can I have some? I think the smell of something yummy that I can't have is even worse than when someone cooks something I don't like the smell of.
  • And, the biggest happiness-deflater, the door to the battery compartment on my camera won't close. Camera broky! Fix camera!
This is serious, folks. I don't know if I can live without a working camera. I may have to go shopping tomorrow, because much as I love my Canon, it's not exactly covered under warranty, almost 3 years later.

(As an aside, my, I have been blogging a long time, haven't I?)

I imagine it could be fixed, but what would it cost just to have that done? $50 to walk in the door of a camera shop, I imagine. Plus the part. Cameras aren't that expensive, and it would be nice to get a new one ... one that doesn't think the batteries are out when they're not, one that doesn't delay as long between shots, or when I switch to flash mode. This has been a good camera, but is it time?

If you have any suggestions, weigh in. Fix or replace? If replace, where to buy? What kind? I know you have opinions: let me have'em!

2 comments:

  1. Happens your aunt's Canon's battery door doesn't close sometimes. She mashes it into place using quite a bit of force, and it stays there until the next time she goes to take the card out. Have you tried mashing it into place? Squeezing it when it sits above its little place, so that it goes down in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is some satisfaction in smashing things to makes them work, in reality, it doesn't work all that often.

    I needed a repair on my camera where the automatic lens cover wouldn't close all the way. I bought new (on sale, of course, $180 vs retail $240--end of line sales are the best!) and used it lots for over two years before that glitch meant an impossible-to-clean dirty lens. Repair cost was $130.

    I voted for a new one. I LOVE the Canon ones!

    ReplyDelete