Sunday, December 03, 2023

Totally Normal Things Knitters Say

  • "I love you, row 19, you are my favorite."
  • "Sure, I can knit some more mice for you."
  • "Yes, it is a nice red, but after doing the whole red sweater*, I'm looking forward to when this isn't a red shawl."
*As seen here

Oh, that last one doesn't make sense? Well, this is a red shawl now, but it won't be for much longer. 


I started Radiata (Ravelry link) with the beautiful yarn from the Blue Brick, Huron MCN Tonal, and once I got into the rhythm of it, I am loving it. It is moderately social knitting--I have to pay attention, and I'm counting stitches after every pattern row, but once I get into the rhythm of a row, I can pay attention to a conversation. 

As with any lace knitting, it will look better after blocking, but trust me, it's all good so far.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pattern, that shawl. And I totally get being Over a colour. Bring on that coral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting close! The red is not quite the same as when it started. Come on, color!

      Delete
  2. Oh that's gorgeous. Can't wait to see the rest! (No pressure!)

    ReplyDelete