Thursday, December 14, 2023

Want to See? Yes, You Do!

I haven't been updating y'all on my recent yarn purchases! But first, here's the no-longer-red shawl in progress.

It's hard to capture in a photo, but at least on my computer screen, it's not showing as varied as it looks in real life (it looks better on my phone, so who knows). We'll see how that goes.

In terms of the pattern (Radiata, by Nim Teasdale), I am loving it! I wondered how I would do without using markers, as the pattern notes that they will have to move if you use them and that sounded like a pain, but I find that the progression is clear and I don't need them. I love a pattern where I can really SEE if I'm on track! Mind you, I am counting my stitches after every pattern row, since it's awfully easy to miss a yarnover if you're talking and knitting at the same time; while it takes more and more time with the rows already over 300 stitches, it's worth it for the peace of mind. And easier to find a missing one and fix it on the purl-back row that it would be to drop down after that and find the right spot to fix.

Now: yarn! It, ah, it looks like I haven't shown any here since ... November 2? (Checks stash on Ravelry...) Hmm, I have bought quite a lot since then! Well. Ah. How about this: I'll do a photo-dump here, and if there's anything you want to know the details about, just ask, and I'll write it up, with the next lot of yarn that's coming, because yes:

(I have been stressed, I have bought yarn. Yes.)













4 comments:

  1. I don't knit, but WOW colourful yarn is beautiful and I want every single roll you have pictured in this post! It's like the yarn becomes a work of art just laying there on a white background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty! I have some in that bright blue and I woke up this morning with an idea for what it wanted to be. I think. Enjoy all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green and those cozy blue and ivory variegated blends are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete