Sunday, December 24, 2023

Knitting, Thwarted

The knitting part of my Saturday started with knitting through a pedicure. As one does.

The remaining colors go well with the project bag.

I got a few rows done, no problem, but then in the yarn just ahead, what did I see? A knot. I pulled on it, firmly, and it came apart.

Sigh. Damn it. That just shouldn't happen with yarn this expensive. Take a little care.

I tried to get the ends to felt together, after we were home, and they just wouldn't. I'll figure something else out, but I was too annoyed with it to do so last night (ask my mother how mature I sounded as I threw the bag to one side and snapped, "I just want to knit!"), so I grabbed something else. I was thinking about making myself some fingerless mitts, so I had the pattern and yarn together already. I grabbed them, and the gorgeous set of needles I got from a friend for Christmas:

And I got to work.
Yep, that size should fit.
Meanwhile, Miss Maggie shifted around and put her paw on the pattern, which I had laid beside me on the couch (on top of the needle set, on top of the iPad). 
Heaven forbid we disturb the cat, so I leaned my phone over that way and took pictures of the pattern, so I could see what to do. Shortly thereafter, Herself decided to settle down on top of the pattern pile.
"What, were you trying to look at this?"
She next tried to have a bath on the pile.
But eventually she found that unsatisfactory, and moved back on to my lap to bathe and then nap again. And I knit on.


2 comments:

  1. The yarn issue is frustrating. The Maggie issue is just downright hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She likes to be the center of attention at all times!

      Delete