Thursday, December 07, 2023

Too Soon Old

As the saying goes, we get too soon old and too late smart. I just realized a work-around for a small thing that has been bugging me for some time, and all I can say is, why didn't I think of it sooner?

So, small problem: When I shower, I often find water running down my face and it gets into my eyes and it's annoying. But what are you going to do, right?

Well. The other day I thought, hey: I always wash my hair first, but what if I ... didn't? So this morning I got in the shower, I didn't get my hair wet until after I'd washed my body and my face first.

And it worked. No water running down my face and into my eyes. Just like that. Huh.

Well, better late than never. Do you wash your hair first or last? Does it bother you to have water flowing into your eyes?

P.S. I'll be sure to let you know the first time I get out of the shower without having washed my hair at all...because that will probably happen!

8 comments:

  1. I wash my hair last. But I often get my hair wet long before that, and I don't ever notice having the problem you describe. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair gets washed first so my conditioner can "marinate" while I complete my other shower duties. I don't often find water running down my face; but I do throw my towel over the top of the door so that if water gets in (on?) my eyes I can dry them off (I HATE having water in/on my eyes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wash my hair first, and rinse the shampoo out while brushing my teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like Gigi in that I wash my hair first so my conditioner can sit for a while. But I don't wash my hair every time I shower! I only wash it every 2-3 days but I shower every day. On non-wash days I just put it in a bun and make sure my head doesn't go under the spray. When I wash my face I use my hands and then sort of splash the water on it to rinse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wash my hair mid-way through! I often get it damp first, wash my body, then use shampoo, and finish with conditioner. By the time I'm rinsing out conditioner I'm done with the shower, though. That's always the last step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have to wash my hair first because my hair is so dry I need that shower time to let the conditioner do it's work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skin care people say you're supposed to wash your face LAST so any residue from shampoo/conditioner is washed off. I do wash my hair first so the conditioner has time to work, but I've heard that maybe it doesn't need time?! I feel like in the last six months I've been reading more and more about how I've been showering wrong all my life.

    ReplyDelete