Sunday, June 14, 2020

The Latest Had-to-Knit-It

A few weeks ago, I ran across a knit shawl on Instagram, Tweed Boomerang, that just called to me. In normal times, I would have tried harder to hold off on starting it, since I have multiple active* projects going right now, that I'm happy with, and want to make progress on. These days? Eh, start it if you want to!
*As opposed to the multiple projects that for one reason or another are in time out.

I put up a photo of the yarns I'm using at the end of this post, and then I don't think I've mentioned it since; they are a skein of Socks That Rock Heavyweight, which I bought at Rhinebeck in 2012, in the colorway Saffron, and then two skeins of real mystery, in the sense of 'Is it really camel yarn?' I bought these two skeins at Coveted Yarn in 2010--look, I blogged about it at the time! I never realized, when I was starting this blog, how often I would use it to look back on when exactly something happened. And as you can see from the label, it really says that it's camel fiber. Are you going to argue with Robert? I'm not!

The shawl is not a complicated one, which suits my current brain power well. It starts at the point of the triangle and gets wider, and after a while with the main color, you start striping in the contrasting color. I'm making it nice and big, so it works out well that although the pattern calls for 100g of the main color, I have 200. Big and cozy and squishy!

This is from a few days ago, so it's bigger now, but progressing nicely.

In fact, I can no longer spread it out fully on the needle, so next time I photograph it, I'll have to slide it onto a longer needle so I can see how big it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment